Now Hiring! - Director of Operations and Engagement
Director of Operations & Engagement
Lincoln Children’s Museum Lincoln, NE
So how do we find the best? Well, it’s not easy. Some key ingredients include a leadership team that really cares, an intense interview process (we don’t hire just anyone!), team members who strive for excellence, and a common mission to help children create, discover, and learn through the power of play. We hire great people to keep our organization strong.
Are you ready to work with the best of the best and grow with us?
We’re looking for a Director Operations & Engagement to craft and oversee the daily operations of the Lincoln Children’s Museum, a 72,000-square-foot building holding the city’s most awesome exhibits & programs geared towards children. The person in this role will deliver a world-class experience to team members and visitors while maintaining all aspects of the campus in a professional and cost-effective manner.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Manage a team that delivers first-class hospitality and concierge-level services to visitors while serving our mission to create, discover, and learn through the power of play.
- Develop and maintain all building-related and guest services communication to promote high quality team experiences
- Manage a team and environment that is an outstanding first and last impression on our guests.
We’re looking for someone able to . . .
- Care about the processes AND the people who make the processes work.
- Context switch like it’s your job (Because it is!)
- LISTEN (sometimes more than you talk)
- Communicate to be understood by different personalities
- Pitch in with your team even when it doesn’t check anything off your personal to-do list
- Maintain an atmosphere that values sharing information in downward, upward and peer-to-peer directions
- Establish and carry out realistic group goals
- Know when to solve a problem immediately, when to put something off and when to delegate
- Manage change in a fast paced environment
- Manage stressful and challenging situations and calendars
- Continuously monitor team processes and health to be able to step in and problem-solve when needed
Skills Needed to Win:
- Very knowledgeable and passionate of the Lincoln Children’s Museum and its mission
- 5 years or more of experience in hospitality and facilities management
- 5 years or more in a leadership position
- Phenomenal gift for hospitality and creating experiences through facilities management
- High level of knowledge with commercial mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and preventative maintenance programs
- 3 years or more experience with operational and capital expenditure budgets
- Highly relational, self-motivated, detail oriented, and ASSERTIVE
- Must love people and love serving them
- Ability to express empathy and ownership; ability to defuse critical customer situations
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- A very generous PTO policy that allows for some flexibility in work schedules
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- Ongoing personal and professional development training
- Retirement plan match on first 5% of your contributions after one year of employment
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
Download application here. If you wish to apply online please continue. If you have questions, please email Employment@lincolnchildrensmuseum.org
APPLICANT – PLEASE READ: All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment regardless of race, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status or disability. This form is designed to help our organization identify your qualifications for employment and is not a contract for employment