Become a Pirate-In-Training (or a PIT), and have some swashbuckling pirate fun this Thanksgiving break through using maps to find lost treasure, creating pirate disguises, capturing the pirate flag, and survive the cannonball obstacle course!
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
We may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your email address, postal address, home or work telephone number and other personal information for such purposes as correspondence, placing an order, requesting an estimate, or participating in online surveys.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
Website Use Information
Similar to other websites, our site may utilize a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing service and support and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of all personal information provided by our users. You may at any time to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use Information Collected From Cookies?
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users' browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our users. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our users and prospective users.
Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our website as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and evaluate our website's visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As a user of our website, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking on a response box when you receive such an offer or by sending us an email request.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our website.
Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as Social Security, credit card, or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Information Security -- We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Evaluation of Information Protection Practices -- Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with organization policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Employee Access, Training and Expectations -- Our organization values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us using the contact form provided to you within the site structure of our website.
Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Permission to Use of Materials
The right to download and store or output the materials in our website is granted for the user's personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us directly.
Links & Affiliated Websites
This User Agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the obligations relating to your use of the website www.lincolnchildrensmuseum.org (the “Site”), which is owned and operated by the Lincoln Children’s Musuem (the “Company”). Please read this Agreement carefully before using the Site. Your use of the Site is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of this Agreement. Do not use this site if you do not fully agree with the terms and conditions set forth herein. If you have any questions about this Agreement, please email info@ lincolnchildrensmuseum.org.
1. Use of Site. You shall use the Site only for legitimate purposes as the Site is intended to be used. You shall provide only truthful and accurate information to the Site and you are prohibited from transmitting or uploading any information that contains a virus, bug, or other harmful item. You will not violate any copyright or other law with respect to your use of the Site. You will not take any action that will interfere with the proper working of the Site or, in the Company’s sole discretion, impose an unreasonably large of disproportionate load on the Site’s infrastructure.
2. Age. Children under 13 years of age are not permitted to use this Site and/or provide any personal information on this Site. You agree that you are at least 13 years old. Furthermore, if you enter into any online transactions on this Site, you agree that you are of legal age and have all necessary authority to enter into and bind yourself under any agreements made on the Site.
4. Intellectual Property Rights. All right, title, and interest in and to the Site, together with its content, codes, sequences, derivative works, organization and structure, any documentation, data, or other related materials (collectively, the “IP”), is, and at all times shall remain, the sole and exclusive property of the Company and/or any third parties from which the Company has licensed portions of the IP, if any. The IP contains trade secrets and proprietary information owned by the Company and is protected by United States copyright laws (and other laws relating to intellectual property). You must treat the IP like any other copyrighted material and you may not copy or distribute the IP, electronically or otherwise, for any purpose without the express written permission of the Company.
5. Exclusion of Warranty. To the maximum extent allowed by law, the Company and the Site make no warranty of any kind regarding the Site and/or materials provided on the Site, all of which are provided on an “as-is” basis. Many of the links, articles, and other data on the Site are provided by third parties and the Company and/or the Site does not warrant the truth or accuracy of any statements on the Site. The Company and the Site further make no warranty of any kind regarding the links to other websites on the Site and the content present at said links, all of which links are provided on an “as-is” basis.
6. Limitation of Liability. The Site and/or the Company assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages that occurred based on your access to or use of the Site, including but not limited to (i) damages to your computer equipment or other property that may result from viruses, bugs, or any cause; and (ii) any and all losses, injuries, or claims of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from your use of the Site. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABLITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You accept sole and complete responsibility for: (a) the selection of the Site to achieve your intended results; (b) your use of the Site; (c) the results obtained from the Site; (d) your selection, use, download, or review of any third party User Content; (e) the terms and conditions of any transaction with any other user through the Site; and (f) the quality and condition of any products you purchase or obtain from any other user through the Site. You shall not assert any claims against the Company based upon theories of negligence, gross negligence, strict liability, fraud, or misrepresentation. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR THE ACTIONS OR CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. ADDITIONALLY, IN NO CASE WHATSOEVER SHALL THE COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES EXCEED FIFTY AND NO/100 DOLLARS ($50.00).
7. Indemnification. To the maximum extent allowed by law, you shall defend and indemnify the Company and its members, managers, agents, representatives and affiliates from and against any claim, loss, cause of action or demand, including attorney’s fees, brought against the Company and/or the Site by any third party as a result of your use of the Site or any actions by you or your employees, agents, or representatives.
8. Applicable Law. The laws of the State of Nebraska, without reference to Nebraska’s conflict of law principals, shall govern this Agreement and all of the transactions contemplated by it, as well as all matters arising out of or relating to it, including without limitation claims as to its validity, interpretation, construction, performance, and all claims sounding in tort. Any legal action or proceeding with respect to this Agreement or any document related hereto shall be brought only in the circuit courts of Nebraska, or the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, and, by execution and delivery of this Agreement, each party hereto hereby accepts for itself and in respect of its property, generally and unconditionally, the jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts. The Parties hereby irrevocably waive any objection, including, without limitation, any forum non conveniens, which any of them may now or hereafter have to the bringing of such action or proceeding in such respective jurisdictions.